Increasing Monthly Organic Traffic From 88 to 1,089 in 12 months
This client practices estate planning and elder law in a very competitive market in New York. Over the past year, we’ve seen significant organic growth and new clients from the internet as a result of our marketing consulting and execution.
Over the past year, this client went from 2% visible on desired keywords to now over 40% visible. By comparison, their top competitors grew visibility between 0.5-2.18% in the same time period (some also lost up to 26% visibility). Our client is now positioned for success and it is translating to increased revenue each month.
It should come as no surprise that more “Page 1” rankings on Google lead to more website traffic (and leads).
Simply put, this client came to us with a website that was not visible at all in the search results. We got started right away and identified 25 target keywords to focus on – which directly impacted our SEO and content strategy efforts.
Initially, this client had 14 keywords ranked in the top 100 search results. In other words, someone would have to go several pages deep within the search results to find our client’s website. This was a problem that needed to be solved.
12 months later, our client is now ranking in the top 100 search results for 24 of 25 target keywords, and 14 of the keywords are now ranked within the top 3!
The Data Tells The Story
Over the past year, our client’s web presence has grown significantly in all key performance areas, including:
- Organic Visibility: From 4,432 impressions in February 2021 to 53,618 impressions in February 2022, our client’s website was 1,110% more visible in the search results.
- Organic Clicks: From 66 clicks in February 2021 to 1,034 clicks in February 2022, our client saw an increase of 1,467% in clicks from search.
- Organic Traffic: We grew organic traffic from 88 users in February 2021 to 1,089 users in February 2022 (our client’s highest traffic month ever and an increase of 1,137%).
- Keyword Ranking Visibility: Our efforts resulted in visibility going from 2% to over 40% for our client’s top 25 targeted keywords.
- Keyword Distribution: Our keyword positioning continued to improve throughout the year, resulting in more top 3 and top 10 ranked keywords than ever before.
Local Search Rankings (Google Business Profile)
Ranking within the maps on the search results page is critical for organic success online. When we first started working together, our client was not ranking in the local results for any practice area related keyword. Now, they’re ranking #1 for nearly all keywords related to their core practice areas across their entire region.
For example, here’s our client’s ranking for “estate planning attorney” with the center of the map being our client’s office location.
The Correct Strategy = More Revenue
While we all love a beautiful chart showing organic traffic growing by 1,000%, what really matters is the impact that increased visibility has on revenue. In this case, our client saw amazing increases over the past year.
– Leads from the internet increased by 82%
– Clients from the internet increased by 89%
– Total new clients (from all sources, non-internet) increased by 56%
These numbers are what really matters to our client and many others that we work with here at GNGF. We rely on the data to show us that we’re on the right track along the way, but it is always great to see when our work positively impacts the firms that we work with every day.
Are You Ready to Grow Your Firm?
Contact us today to see how we can create a marketing strategy that will grow your firm this year. We’re looking forward to featuring your firm in a future case study!