When you use technology effectively all of your work becomes much easier and you become happier.
Leveraging technology was how I was able to escape the misery of BigLaw (where I was overworked and under-appreciated) and start a much happier solo practice.
I kept doing complex commercial litigation (i.e. paper intensive cases), but without the paper —because I figured out how to digitize, simplify and streamline everything.
I also discovered the joys of working as much as I wanted, when I wanted, wherever I wanted. Sometimes I had to pinch myself to make sure it was all real.
Fellow lawyers in small firms wanted to know how they could create enjoyable practices like mine, so I showed them. This continued and, at this point, has been going on for well over a decade.
In that time I’ve helped hundreds of lawyers all over the country (and even won an ABA award, which was kind of surprising). The biggest reward, though, comes from helping people achieve a kind of happiness they never thought possible.
So, how exactly do I help these lawyers? Well, a few different ways, but mainly…
- I help them with things like automation & outsourcing (but without getting dragged down by overwhelm, confusion, or frustration)
- Or, as they describe it (in their own words)…
- “I can honestly say that I’m years ahead of where I would be without Ernie’s help…” —Keith Magness
- “My practice has grown exponentially…” —Stephanie Quigley
- “My biggest sensei in starting my solo law practice was Ernie Svenson.” —David Sparks
- “I recommend Ernie to anyone who wants to work smarter…while watching everyone else run around in circles.”—Catherine Fairchild
- “I received so much help in planning my solo firm, and saved so much time not having to find answers on my own.”—Carlee Gonzales
So, that’s basically it. And…
If you’re interested in learning more, visit my website: lawfirmautopilot.com (and get my free guide to “working smarter”)