We talked about the data aggregators yesterday and hopefully you were able to get a nice jump on claiming and editing your law firm’s information on Acxiom and InfoGroup.
Today we are focusing on the more difficult of the four aggregators: Factual and Localeze.
Unfortunately, Factual doesn’t really have the concept of having an account on their system for business owners, nor does it allow you to ‘claim’ your listing. It does offer API (automated programming interfaces) that tools and services can use to access their system in a more structured manner. The tools we use for directory listing tracking and claiming uses the API to clean directory listing information on Factual. I will provide a method below that should allow you to update your information the majority of the time, but you will need to wait and keep checking back.
Localeze, on the other hand, does allow you to create an account and update your listing—but the cost is $79 per year for their true identity service. As a trusted data provider, our service and tools are able to update Localeze without this fee for our clients. While it is important to get Localeze information correct, if you search and the info is ‘close enough’ on the name, address, and phone number then you may want to just leave it be. Often, all the other work you will do over the next couple of weeks will work it’s way back up to expand on your Localeze directory. If your name, address, or phone number are wrong, then you should either pay the fee or utilize our service to help take care of all of this for you.
- First, find your business in the list of Global Places. Do that by going here: https://my.factual.com/data/t/places and filtering using your firm name, city and or state.
- You will see a list of businesses. I recommend you drag the column header bar between Factual ID and Name to the right to expose the entire Factual ID, as seen here:
- Copy the Factual ID into the notes field in your Directory Tracker—or multiple IDs (I took this screenshot before we cleaned our information), as you can see our agency: GNGF and Get Noticed Get Found are the same but have two different listings with two different addresses.
- Visit Factual’s free update system: https://my.factual.com/update_add_business
- Enter the information requested then scroll down to the section where it asks if you have already found your listing and select YES
- Enter the Factual ID you saved from above and the type of issue you are seeing. Most of the time “The Business Data is Inaccurate” is what you want to use.
- Then follow the instructions and SUBMIT the changes.
- As the other providers, it will take some time to see changes so keep checking back
- Visit https://www.neustarlocaleze.biz/directory/us and search for your firm name. Note that the search function is pretty exact so try a few different names to try to find your firm.
- If you see a check mark next to your law firm name, then it is available to be claimed and edited.
- If you see a lock next to your name then it has been claimed by someone and you will need to login to edit. If you did not claim it, ask around your office or a previous marketing provider. Worst case scenario you will need to work with Neustar/Localeze support.
- After clicking on the check mark next to your firm name you will be able to select “Claim This Listing”
- Update all the information you can and then Click on Add to Cart. There is an option to update just name address and phone number for no fee. I have found that not paying a fee significantly increases the time to get your data corrected. But you can try if you don’t want to spend the $79.
- Checkout and create your account and like the others, wait and keep checking back to see your updates in the system
That’s the best we can do without utilizing a directory claiming service or tool that has been deemed a trusted data provider with these two data aggregators.
Tomorrow we will turn our attention to what is arguable your most important, but definitely your most visible directory listing, your Google My Business profile.