We have been very fortunate to talk to thousands of lawyers across the U.S. and Canada. Whether it was at legal conferences and CLEs, joining as an expert guest on webinars and podcasts, or just talking on the phone, email, and chat to those following up from questions after reading our book.
A bar association director asked me the other day, “What is the number one question we get about marketing law firms online?”
I immediately compared notes with a few of my GNGF colleagues that are also out in the field speaking, writing and taking calls from law firms. We couldn’t come up with just one question, but we did all have a number of similar questions we hear over and over.
So here it is, the “Top 8 Online Legal Marketing Questions We Receive”
- I get most of my business from referrals, why do I need to worry about being online?
- Why is XYZ Law Firm ranking higher than me?
- I spent a lot of money on my website, so why is no one calling me?
- I spent thousands on Google Pay Per Click and have nothing to show for it. Where did I go wrong?
- Does my law firm really need to be on social media?
- Do I really need to have a blog and update it a lot?
- Are people really reading online reviews to decide something as important as hiring a lawyer?
- Do I need to create videos for my law firm?
We consider this list the law firm marketing frequently asked questions or FAQs.
As an attorney, I am sure you have a number of “frequently asked questions” in your area of practice. (Hint, hint: creating your FAQs would be a great set of content pieces for SEO, very shareable on social, and good topic for a video.)
However, you also know that many people you talk to should really be asking other questions that are often equally or more important. We call these SAQs or “Should Ask Questions”.
Based on our experience, here are what we would consider the “Top 8 Questions Law Firms Should Ask About Their Online Marketing”:
- How do I work best with my law firm marketing team or agency?
- How do I track which marketing efforts are bringing prospects to my firm?
- How do I protect my referrals as they move online?
- How do I figure out the key differentiating information about my firm and how do I communicate that online?
- How do I maximize the fact that most people are searching on their phones?
- How do I make sure my online law firm marketing is relevant to the millennial generation?
- How do I track lads from outside my town or city and attribute them to my efforts? How do I increase leads from outside my immediate city/town?
- In one year, what should we be doing differently than what you would tell me right now?
In the coming weeks, we are going to pull together an article to address each of these FAQs and SAQs. Come back and each of these questions will have a link to how we answer each one based on our experience.
If you don’t already, subscribe to our newsletter and you will get updates on these top questions and their answers as we release them.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We also cover questions like this and other top law firm marketing tips in our GNGF LIVE Facebook live series that we host every other week. We also have the replays available.
We sometimes do quick Facebook live updates throughout the week so be sure to Like our Facebook page to be notified when we go “live”.
Leave a Reply